SCUM is a video game you go to if you want to learn what your body needs in order to be healthy. Because out of all the open world survival games out there, it’s the only one with complete information about metabolism, vitamins, and even nutrition values about your character. You tend to learn more about anatomy just by that alone. That’s only one complex aspect of the game, there are about a hundred others.
- A lot of the time, you’ll find that other players will take all your supplies and leave you to die. It’s best not to go looking for trouble when it comes to SCUM as there are so many ways people can hurt or kill you without giving any warning signs beforehand. You’re better off trying a quieter approach by hunting down animals and plants in the environment instead of raiding camps filled with weapons, food, water, and other resources.
- You’re going to need a lot of patience and perseverance when playing SCUM. It’s not for the faint of heart or those who like slower games. The game has a steep learning curve, so you’ll need time to get used to how your character moves before jumping into anything.
- Just because there is no tutorial doesn’t mean you can’t learn new things from other players – but it does make them more difficult as they will likely be aggressive if you approach them, so don’t do that unless necessary. There are also plenty of resources on YouTube with tutorials and guides!
- Anyone coming from another survival game right into the unforgiving maw of SCUM ought to be familiar with this rule. Absolutely anyone and everyone can and will betray you in a survival game. Human decency can only go so far in the face of limited resources and lack of laws. That’s why in SCUM, the best method of staying alive in multiplayer sessions is to shoot or kill on sight. Even ill-equipped players can employ subtle and manipulative social tactics to rob unfortunate players of their gear or precious loot.
- The sad part about playing SCUM is that it’s not done yet and by the looks of it, it’s still a few years off from being a finished product. In single-player aspects of the game, don’t be alarmed to find out that there’s nothing left to do after 10 hours or so. The game simply doesn’t have the meat of the content yet or even a story to motivate a solo play mode. At best, it’s a glorified battle royale simulator with added hardcore steps. That can easily burn out the regular gamer these days so remember to take a break and maybe come back after a few weeks or months.
Related Posts :